Who We Are
At The Now Project we are interested in spreading Mindfulness and it’s benefits, our aim is simple, to help others discover the life changing benefits that real Mindfulness has to offer both on a personal level and humanity as a whole! The Now Project is about building a community, one based on trust and love. We do not, and never will, trade, sell or share our email lists with any other organisations for any purpose. We respect your privacy and this Privacy Notice explains what information we hold and why.
Types of data we collect and how we collect and use your information
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, entering that information into the registration form or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to a service we provide, or when you sign up for an event. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. We never store any financial or billing information.
When you sign up to our mailing list we collect basic personal information as set out in the form. We use this information to send you occasional emails regarding our services and events. We may contact you from time to time to collect feedback or to check you are happy with what we send you. We do not under any circumstances sell, rent or trade email lists with other organisations or businesses.
We use MailChimp to deliver our newsletter and manage our mailing lists. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us direct at email@example.com
When you visit our website we will automatically collect the following information:
We use them for:
1. For technical purposes for effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to site navigation.
2. To enable us to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
You can disable cookies if you wish.
When someone visits our websites we use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details and patterns of visitor behaviour. We do this to monitor how well our sites are performing and how people are finding us. The information collected does not identity anyone and we do not allow Google to attempt to find out the identities of any of our visitors.
How we use the information held about you
To carry out our obligations arising from any information and services that you request from us.
To notify you about changes to our service and to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
To otherwise respond to your enquiry or follow up our own enquiries
To ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and to administer our site, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
We process your data on the following grounds
Because the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract/service provided between you and us
Because we have a legitimate interest in processing your information in order to perform the contract between us. In accordance with data protection law, we have carefully weighed your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms against our interest to process your information in this way and are satisfied that we are justified in doing so.
The processing is necessary for achieving our legitimate interests of:
• Maintaining accurate internal records of customers.
• Responding to your enquiry, whether submitted through our website, email, over the telephone, in person or otherwise
• Sending you marketing information about our products and services (including, where applicable, on the basis of the soft opt- in under the Privacy and Marketing Communications Regulations). You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time by following the instructions contained in the communication or by contacting us using the details set out below, and in accordance with data protection law we have carefully weighed your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms against our interest to process your information and are satisfied that we are justified in processing your information for this purposes
• We are otherwise processing your data on the basis of your consent. This will typically be the case where you have opted into receiving marketing communications from us.
Access to your personal information & unsubscribing
Under GDPR, the data subject has the right to access and amend any of their personal data that we hold. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also unsubscribe from our mailing list at anytime by following the unsubscribe link at the footer of our marketing emails.